The Wellington Floorball League is the highest level of floorball competition run in Wellington.
Summer Season 2020 Details:
Summer 20/21 Term 4 Dates: Sundays Oct 18th - Dec 6th. Dates for Term 1 are TBC. Game days will be held if we are unable to schedule all WFL games within the usual Sunday League nights.
Registrations close: Sunday 1th Oct.
Team fees: $1,200 Summer Season 20/21 for non Wellington Storm Club teams. The fees can be paid in 3 $400 installments if preferred.
Game length: Games are 3x15min, effective time. This means game length is approximately 80mins.
This season we have 2 grades (A and B). After one round of games, a promotion/relegation game will be played. The winning team of this match will play in A grade for the rest of the season, and the loser will play in B grade.
Teams are open grade, both male and female players are eligible. All players of a team need to be licensed with Floorball New Zealand and players can only play for one WFL team per term. Minimum age for players is 14 years old. Teams must register with a club to play in WFL. If you would like to register to be in a Wellington Storm team, please find the information further down the page.
Want to register with a Wellington Storm Club Team?
If you wish to register for a Wellington Storm club team please read the information below.
- Teams will have about 15 players, including 1-2 goalies. This insures that teams can have good training sessions and a minimum of 2 lines even if some people are unable to play a game.
- Each team will have a dedicated coach/manager. Ideally coaches are non-playing coaches. If a team has a player-coach, we will aim to have a team manager/assistant coach at games to assist.
- You will be allocated a team. This means you will not select your own players but will be put with a team of players from Wellington Storm. Players joining a Storm Club team will be placed in the grade best suited to their ability. Teams change each season. Minimum age is 14.
- Players who sign up for a Wellington Storm club team are expected to attend their team's training session. Trainings will be Tuesday or Thursday nights 8pm-9:30pm at ASB.
- If you want to be part of a Wellington Storm club team and have played at a high level previously but cannot make regular training sessions, you will be assigned to our club non-training team. The non-training team will only go ahead if there's enough player registrations.
Training Team costs are: $220 for the Winter Season. The cost includes your player fee, training fee and floorball license. Club volunteer coaches only pay $140.
Non-Training Team costs are: $140. This cost includes your player fee and floorball license.
Friday Development Training
Term 4 2020 Details TBC